CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Outfits for my daughter

Well, I have not been good about blogging the past few months. Life is busy and there just isn't enough time in the day to do it all. Kids are on summer break, so I wouldn't expect me to get too much better the next couple months, but I will try!! :)

The end of May I finished up custom orders and then spent the last week working on clothes for my kiddos. We took a nice long vacation down to Florida the beginning of June and arrived back home around 4:00 a.m. this past Friday.....we drove straight from Florida!! We spent a couple days at Disney, visited with my grandparents and then headed down to Siesta Key Beach (Sarasota, FL) for 5 nights. After being out in the sun all day for 2 days at Disney and not getting burned I expected I wouldn't burn while at the beach....I always underestimate how strong the sun is at the beach and fried my back the first day while in Siesta Key and had to be really careful the rest of vacation not to burn myself any more. :( We still had lots of fun and spent plenty of time in the sun on the beach, in the ocean and at the pool. We stayed at a Hyatt Residence Club and would highly recommend it to anybody! We had a beautiful condo type hotel room. It was about 2000 sq. ft, 2 large bedrooms with king size beds and 3 full baths, full kitchen and eating area and a nice family room, a balcony with access off the family room or the master bedroom. The bedrooms and family room all had flat screen TVs and 2 out of 3 had DVD players. We got it for a great price too!! We found out while down there Siesta Key Beach was rated the number one beach in the United States. If you haven't been, I would highly recommend!! Beautiful white sandy beaches and the waves weren't too rough.


Now onto the outfits. In 5 or 6 days I made 10 outfits for my two kids, plus another embroidered tank for my son. I have pictures of my son's outfits once I take them. The pictures below were taken right before I packed them into the suitcase, but I do hope to have model pictures soon!! I also made a purse and wallet for myself....more to come on that. The purse pattern I drafted at the request of a friend and hope to have it available for sale sometime later this summer, but will be making purses from the pattern starting in July.

All the skirts and the halter dress are made from Ellie Inspired patterns, with some variations on the attached shorts under the skirt. I will be making more from both of these patterns....the next skirts will be double layer skirts and the halter will be a ruffle halter dress.


Skirts are made from the Dancer Skirt pattern.


Berry Sweet embroidery is from here.











Dress is made from the Ruffle Halter Dress pattern.


Capris are made from the Easy Fit Pants Pattern.







Hopefully later this week I'll have pictures of the outfits I made for my son and the purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment