CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Christening Outfit and some new items....

I've been busy trying to get all my orders done so I can move onto sewing for my family before vacation. We are taking the kids to Disney, to see my Grandparents and to the beach. I'm really looking forward to the time away, but not to the LONG hours in the car. I've got a long list of things I would like to sew for the kids, as well as for myself. So, this week I am finishing up my orders and moving onto my long list. Oh, I almost forgot, I'm also going to be working on some of my own patterns. The first one is a purse/backpack combo. My friend requested on for her trip to Disney with her husband and daughter in October, so I drafted a pattern and plan on making one for myself before my trip to Disney so I can test it out and see if I need to make any changes. I'll show some pictures when I have the first test done!

This past week I spent a lot of time on this Christening outfit for my friend's son. He is getting baptised Memorial Day weekend. I made her daughter's Christening Gown last year, which you can see here. I did not draft a pattern for this outfit, I used McCall's 3063. Both this outfit, the Christening Gown and all accessories were made out of my friend's wedding dress. It is very nerve racking cutting into something so special, so I always have to build up my nerve before I cut my first piece. Anyway, here is the completed outfit and shoes (hoping the shoes fit the little guy!!).







I also have been wanting to add some more stock to my Etsy shop. I haven't gotten that far, but I did get these FQ Purses and Small Wallets in the ready to ship album on my facebook page. The purse normally run $25.00 plus shipping and the wallets $20.00 plus shipping, but I have them listed at $20.00 and $15.00 plus shipping. If you buy both you get free shipping! And if you are a fan of my facebook page you can get an additional 20% off or free shipping if you just buy one!! Post a comment on my facebook page if you are interested in any of these. I have a bunch more purses to list (different styles), so check back soon!!









No comments:

Post a Comment